Since I teach third grade, typing is still a challenge for some students. The projects I would use a blog for must be simple and concise. Some ideas I have on incorporating blogs in the classroom are:
-using for class updates/handouts/assignments
-use as a questions and answer board
-online mentoring from an older student with school work
-class projects to share ideas and research
-class discussions
-online student portfolio
These are a few ideas. I would love to hear your thoughts and comments!
Jamie-
ReplyDeleteGreat ideas! I love the one you came up with to do online student portfolios. You would just have to make sure it was private the parents would allow this for their child. Online mentoring would be interesting to see in action as well.
-Arianna
Great ideas! I thought maybe I could use a blog for when I need help in the classroom (parties, volunteers, etc.) Parents could sign up via the blog. Just another idea :)
ReplyDeleteThat is a great idea! It seems that I always have a faster response time when contacting parents through email. Using a blog would be one more way to make the connection with them!
ReplyDeleteYou have a great variety of ideas which are certainly workable with your grade level. I LOVE your theme and how you have designed your blog-how fun!
ReplyDeleteI love your blog ideas and your theme as well! How fun! I keep looking off to the left and right at the pictures! I miss the mountains! haha
ReplyDelete